Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Exercise = Happiness

My current happiness project work is in the area of health and fitness. I know myself and I know that I am happiest when I am exercising on a regular basis. However, I have a hard time motivating myself to get to the gym or go out for a walk. So my number one goal for this month is to exercise regularly.

My plan is simple. I will exercise only for 30 minutes 3 days a week. It's a very achievable goal, but I know it will still take me some work.

1 comment:

Judith Lautner said...

Yes. I was just thinking where my exercise goal fits into my happiness plan. A goal, yes, not a commandment.

I have committed to three days a week of 30 minute exercise and most weeks I achieve it, even if it is just a walk around downtown. I figure anything, anything at all, just do it. Alternating three days I do my arthritis exercises, which only take fifteen minutes.

It makes me feel good, too. I added bike riding as a "log" to my joesgoals chart. That way I can make notes, not just check boxes. Having that helps motivate me.